If you are a California, Connecticut, Colorado, or Virginia resident, you may exercise the following rights:
- Right to Know and Access. You may submit a verifiable request for information regarding the: (1) categories of Personal Information collected, sold, or disclosed by us; (2) purposes for which categories of Personal Information are collected or sold by us; (3) categories of sources from which we collect Personal Information; (4) categories of third parties with whom we disclosed or sold Personal Information; and (5) specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you during the past twelve months.
- Right to Correct. You have the right to correct inaccurate Personal Information that we maintain about you.
- Right to Delete. Subject to certain exceptions, you may submit a verifiable request that we delete Personal Information about you that we have collected from you.
- Verification. Requests for access to or deletion of Personal Information are subject to our ability to reasonably verify your identity in light of the information requested and pursuant to relevant requirements, limitations, and regulations. To verify your access or deletion request, please provide us with your email address, name, phone number, and address.
- Right to Opt Out. In some circumstances, you may opt out of the sale of your Personal Information.
- Authorizing an Agent. If you are acting as an authorized agent to make a request to know, delete, or opt out on behalf of a California resident, you may follow the instructions identified in our web form and note “I am an authorized agent acting on behalf of a California consumer” in the message box.
To exercise your rights with respect to your Personal Information processed by Absolute People Search and/or to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information, please submit the webform below.
If you want to exercise more than one of your rights, please submit a separate request for each right, which will help us handle your requests more effectively. Please keep in mind that we will fulfill your request within the limits defined by applicable law. We may not disclose personal information that would adversely affect the rights and freedom of others, or cause an unreasonable security risk, identity theft or fraud. For instance, we may not return data that will violate the privacy of a third party, that would relate to business confidential information, that would be protected by intellectual property rights, or that would potentially cause a data breach if disclosed.
Submit a request
- Your email address
- Exercising request
- First name
- Middle name
- Last name
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Current address (street, city, state)
- (Previous/Historical Address) Street address
- (Previous/Historical Address) City
- (Previous/Historical Address) State
- Identification documents (circumstantially)
Why is this information necessary? We have billions of records spread out over many databases, each record may have varying and sporadic degrees of information that can be used to connect it to the correct request. A surprisingly large number of people share the same name and many people may be connected to the same address. For example, we have 15,000 "John Smith(s)" in our system, if your name happens to be John Smith, we need to know which one is you. We may have a record for you but it may not contain your current address or phone number; in which case we would need a DOB to identify it. Likewise, some records may only contain a current address or phone number and no DOB, in that event, only a name and DOB would not be sufficient to protect your information. As a result, at least several different data points are necessary to locate the correct records that pertain to the request. Also, large amounts of new data is constantly flowing into our system from many sources in different formats, we can only filter out your info if there are at least several data points that it can be matched against.
Furthermore, we are also obligated by state laws to verify the identity of the requestor for some requests in order to prevent access or deletion of information by unauthorized individuals which could be used for fraudulent purposes.
Please fill out the below form in its entirety to ensure that we can fulfill your request and remain compliant with applicable legal requirements.